Tuesday, March 25, 2014

music post

David Gray, "The One I Love"


I was listening to an old cd in my car the other day, and this song came on. Brilliant, simple, soulful. This is a love song with a spring in it's step. It's bright and alive--not simpering and needy. This song was on my life playlist during a summer that I spent a month in Cannes. My school was a 20 minute walk from the city center, and I can't even name a number of how many times I listened to this on my walk to and from town. This music takes me back to such a beautiful summer and reminds me of a walk I was unbelievably lucky to be making several times a day. 

I will also mention that until recently, every time David Gray sings about the repo man my mind showed me a picture of a garbage man. Those two jobs are not the same thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment