Sunday, June 16, 2013

the beginning

I have finally decided to start a blog. Brad and I are engaged, five months away from marriage, and the time seems fitting. At this point, I'm planning to use this blogspot space as a blank canvas to recount the tiny details in my life that make it into something extra ordinary. My life is by no means anything special, but I think because of Brad, I have been more able to value the almost unnoticeable details that are always spinning around me.

I'm an independent human, and I pride myself, perhaps too much, on enjoying life in singleness. I don't want to imply that meeting a significant other is the only avenue to happiness and fulfillment and whatever "good" feelings significant others can bring. That's certainly not true. But because Brad and I fit so well together, and he encourages me to be who I am to the fullest extent, I've noticed that "things" around me are a bit brighter. They somehow have more meaning. I'm not exactly sure why, but I do know that I am thankful for seeing more of the vividness of life that I can sometimes let pass me by.

As I've gotten older, my memory seems to fade a bit more easily. I want to be able to remember the little things that participated in my days that have passed, and I want to focus on the sweet gifts from our God. Words and pictures and stories help me to recall. Thus the beginning of this very blank blog, that along with Brad, will hopefully help me to view my world as a bit brighter.

Here are some favorite moments from this weekend:

first snoball of the summer--Pete's Snoballs.

father's day brunch with focaccia and olive oil drenched balsamic

celebrating at a beautiful wedding

tiny crawfish 

No comments:

Post a Comment