Tuesday, August 6, 2013

celebration sunday









dress: DVF, shoes: prada, sunglasses: dolce and gabbana
flowers: self-bought, because I don't need a man to buy me flowers! (although I will gladly accept them)

A few weeks ago Brad was the wedding band (along with his bandmates) for a close friend of his from college. I only heard him sing during the ceremony, but he did such an incredible job, and I am so proud to call him my man!

Needless to say, the next morning after church, he REALLY wanted mimosas with brunch and a relaxing Sunday. We ended up going to Tavernas for their $1 mimosas and bellinis and cheers-ed away. We are spending part of our honeymoon in Positano, and a few Amalfi Coast pictures in the restaurant inspired us to start getting SO EXCITED for our european getaway. November 25th...you can't get here soon enough. Let's jump on the autobahn and see if we can speed things up!

On another note, Brad and I tried out a different church that morning (which shall remain unnamed). We will most likely not ever be going back, but I thought it strange because some friends of mine RAVE about this church. And we could not get out of there fast enough. I will say that it ended up being one of those moments where I thought, "Thank you, God, for making people different." That church was not for Brad and I, but it is a respite and home and place of worship for so many other people that love the Lord with all their hearts. I love that we were created to have different strengths and interests and communication skills and so on. It can be really frustrating when somebody disagrees with your point of view, or stands for something completely different than you, but I love that it happens. That experience was a gentle reminder that different is not always bad or wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment