Saturday, October 12, 2013

birthday in switzerland






















dress: Nanette Lepore, shoes: Zara

For my birthday, my mom and I had lunch at Cafe Peney in Peissy. I can't even describe the food because it was out of this world amazing. I will say that I am planning to recreate the salad dressing we had...honey mustard with balsamic? I don't know what it is, but sauces and dressings and glazes are infinitely better in Europe. Then we stopped by Domaine Chateauvieux to see if it was open, as it closes for a period in the summer. It was not open, but it was still a beautiful setting. 

We were surrounded by vineyards, so we decided to stop in to the winery next door called Les Trois Etoiles. Jean Charles is the viticulturist and owner of the winery and was kind enough to put up with us for a few tastes of his white wines. Wine tasting in Europe is very different than wine tasting in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment