Tuesday, December 17, 2013

the truck yard








top: rugby (was once a dress, altered it to be a shirt), skirt: scoop nyc, shoes: belle by sigerson morrison

This night we met up with two of our good friends
to try out a new restaurant/bar area named the Truck Yard. 

It's off of lower Greenville and, as you can see from pictures,
is filled with "junk"to inspire the feel of a true truck/junk yard.
Several food trucks were parked there, and oddly enough,
we enjoyed the cajun food truck the best. 

When I was house-sitting for my parents earlier this summer
I borrowed some clothes from my mother's closet.
Including an old Polo sweater vest. I paired it with a short, flowy skirt, 
and loved the way the two fit together. 
It's inspired me to wear more combinations just like it, 
which is why I paired this outfit together.

And chunky, caramel sandals/clogs/wedges? The perfect addition.

I'm really interested to document my outfits more and more
because now that Brad and I are married,  I have an almost nonexistent shopping budget.
Obviously, it will be difficult, and sad at times (and it's sad, that it's sad...I recognize this)
but I am excited to use what I have 
and be more inventive with my "old" clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment