Monday, November 10, 2014

seaside neutrals




dress: anthropologie, shoes: lanvin, bracelets/rings: h&m, necklace: from a Dallas fair

On our vacation to Destin with Brad's brother and sister-in-law, we took a mini-trip to Seaside for the evening. We ate at a fabulous restaurant, Great Southern Cafe, in the town square and had perfect outdoor dining weather. Since I went to college in the south, I wholly appreciate a good southern restaurant that serves a meat and three or four. I ordered the veggie platter because I miss my southern side veggies like whoa, and Brad ordered shrimp and grits, which he said were amazing (I have a seafood intolerance, so I can't really vouch for the dish...). And to top it off, or to start it off rather, we ordered pimento cheese with warm pita bread as an appetizer, which I had never thought to do before. It was SO.GOOD. Gotta love that southern spin on hummus and pita.  

As for my outfit, this Anthropologie dress screams "beach", or maybe "picnic", but the blues and greens and cream make me feel like I fit right in with the ocean and the sand. I also love the button detailing and the rows of ruffles at the bust and hem that make this dress even more feminine than it already was. These Lanvin scalloped sandals go well with anything summery, and I really like that they're neutral with a blend of peach and pinks instead of nude or gold colors.

I totally adore the feel of Seaside because it's so walkable and family-friendly and beachy. Brad and I loved that evening trip to Seaside, and it was a nice little break from Destin and Harbor Docks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment