Thursday, September 11, 2014

simple beach dress



dress: laundry by shelli segal, sandals: prada

Earlier this summer, I spent a few weeks in Nevis with my mother. We stayed in a gorgeous house that had stunning views of the ocean and the sky and the palm trees, and it was utterly breathtaking. Since Nevis is HOT and HUMID, I packed very beachy and breezy items that I wouldn't normally wear in Dallas, and it was fun to be a little different and tropical.

I really like how sweet this dress is with the delicate woven pattern just under the bust, the understated knee-length mermaid hem-line, and the texture and color of the fabric. What appeals to me most about this dress is that it seems like it should be a short, flouncy sundress, but it has this sophisticated shape and hemline instead. 

Stay tuned for more Nevis posts in the near future. The island is unlike anywhere else I've ever been, and hopefully some of my pictures might do it at least an ounce of justice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment