Tuesday, March 17, 2015

driftwood beach











top: urban outfitters 'vintage', jeans: j brand, booties: DVF, sunglasses: karen walker

My cousin was married on Jekyll Island this past December, so naturally we attended. I'd been to Jekyll Island as a teenager for a tennis tournament and remembered loving it. But mainly because when I was a little girl in church, I would check out books by Eugenia Price from the church library. I guess the genre of books she writes would be classified as historical fiction, but she writes several series about Southern cities and people that used to live there long, long ago. Off the top of my head, she has series  about Charleston, Savannah, St. Simon's Island, Jekyll Island…I'm sure a few others? BUT one of the very neatest things is that she creates a "fictional" story about people who actually lived in the cities and so what that means is that you can find their tombstones in local cemeteries. And is there anything actually neater than reading multiple books about a character and finding their gravestone in a charming, old graveyard…? Uh, no.

We stopped by Driftwood Beach to capitalize on a rather nice photo opportunity, and my brother and dad were also given a rather nice opportunity at the same time--the opportunity to make fun of me while taking the above photos. So an all around good time was had by all!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment