Sunday, April 5, 2015

winter greens









sweater: j.crew outlet, pants: j.crew, shoes: lauren by ralph lauren, purse: chloe, sunglasses: d&g

I wore this outfit to a family Christmas celebration, and it's honestly not something I typically go for. The whole green on green on brown color palette isn't normally what I gravitate to, and these slouchy pants are maybe the only slouchy pants I own in my closet. *On a side note, I have been wanting to buy a pair of boyfriend jeans, but just can't figure out how baggy is too baggy and if they're too tight are they wrong...? I'm sure I will figure it out, and if not the world will STILL turn, but really slouchy clothes are not my cup of tea. 

I ordered these pants on-line from J. Crew (when they were on super sale) and had them in mind for something presentable to wear in the hospital/clinic. Of course I didn't pay too much attention to the fabric, and they were not at all what I expected when I received them. But I've made them work, and it's actually been a little fun to play with them because they are so unlike anything I would intentionally buy. 

Also...I LOVE these mary jane clogs. They are just so cool, but really don't get much attention because the heel is so big. I love the way the girliness of the mary jane strap offsets the rest of the tomboy look, and they add enough length to my legs to make the slouch look acceptable.

And I realize I am SO.SO.SO late to posting on the blog because this outfit is from December! yikes.

xoxo

P.s. If anyone out there is an excellent boyfriend jean stylist...can you PLEASE HELP ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment